Day 19

So, here we all are, in isolation (day 19 to be exact). Into the 4th month of 2020. Let me do a recap of our 2020 so far; January was threats of WW3 and Australia was dealing with wildfires. Then in February the Corona virus took to the stage quite quickly (I have to say I think the memes for 2020 are some of the most highquality memes ever). And now, on the first of April almost 2 months later, we in Ottawa are all quarantined or isolated. Thankfully we have the internet for humoristic purposes and facts, but as a good friend of mine once said "the internet giveth and taketh, oh it taketh so much..."
.
.
.
Anyways.... nice start to a blog amirite? But all of 4 months aside... Hi, how are we? Here goes a hopefully somewhat decent introduction: I am Mia and I live in Ottawa and I am in high school :) and currently being "held prisoner" in my own house at the moment due to COVID-19. I have a dog to thankfully keep me company (also a family but that's besides the point, the dog is clearly what you all are here for...)




Here he is: His name is Marvel, he is a English Springer Spaniel (the best kind) he is about 1 year and 10 months old (still a baby) he is the love of my life <3. He loves food, people and the outdoors so long as its not above 15 degrees.

As for my self here are some of my favourite things....

Food: BREAD (man may not be able to live off of bread alone but I can....heh)
  • Favourite fruit: Peaches
  • Colour: Yellow (it's a happy colour, the colour of sunshine)
  • Favourite Ice cream flavour Cookie dough or vanilla (no need to explain)
  • Favourite Flower: Magnolia (looks like tree water lilies)
Those are some of my favourite things! So I guess since this blog is about Social isolation/quarantine/life in general, I'll talk about what I've been doing whilst at home:
So part of the reason I don't actually mind being stuck at home so much is that I have had time to learn and do things that I otherwise would not have had time for during a school week! I am able to do things that bring me joy!!! For example, one of my biggest hobbies that I've started is ....drum roll please.... SOURDOUGH MAKING! And let me tell you it is far harder than I thought when you are just starting, because nothing makes any cohesive sense. But I've gotten the hang of it now and I'm experimenting. Another things I've started is Oil painting -also more difficult than I thought- especially the clean up part. But it's fun :)
One last thing why did i pick "Where Did All The Snacks Go?" as a name for my blog, well as my English teacher knows quite well, I love snacks. And quite frankly I think a lot of us stuck at home are eating ungodly amounts of snacks (not a problem unless you run out of them of course).
May your houses always be filled with snacks,
Mia

Comments

  1. Sorry about the formatting, getting used to this program (note don't copy and paste from another!)
    thanks for bearing with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a heartwarming beginning to a blogging experience! I can hear you voice in every line and your personality shines through. My favourite line: "And let me tell you it is far harder than I thought when you are just starting, because nothing makes any cohesive sense"
    I felt like you were making an analogy to the quarantine and the emotional toll that it takes both literally and figuratively - it makes no sense as in "sensation" - to take away the physical part of feeling.
    Lovely, fun, but also meaningful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts