Life Update.

Hi again. Long time no.... read? see? I'm not sure how that saying is supposed to read properly in this particular situation.

I hope y'all have been doing good and staying safe. 

I'm guessing you are here for an update on me, so without further adieux... here it is:

Firstly I am 18 :D an ✨adult✨, much wow. (a tad scary if I'm being honest, but I still don't have my G2 yet...)


Second of all...I am FREEEEEE. As in the "I graduated grade 12!!" kind of free. It hasn't fully settled into my head yet that I am essentially an adult, who must make choices about my life (that actually have importance). 

I can proudly say that this past school year was by far my best. Not the year in general because you know ✨pandemic✨. But school was better than ever, for a few reasons;

I had fantastic teachers who went above and beyond to make sure their students succeeded. Also, I had no exams therefore my final marks were much better overall. I have officially never, ever failed any classes (that include math and chemistry). And as much as the structure for school was not ideal (especially for teachers) I found the half at home and half at school worked well for me, so if I wasn't feeling well one-day likelihood was that I got a day of somewhat rest from being a publicly functioning human. Last but not least... no drama to be dealt with at school (cohorts are great in that respect).


Thirdly, I am going on a canoe camping trip!! This week starting Friday, this is very exciting because my family, myself, and another family we are friends with are canoe camping the Rideau Canal (my father has been wanting to do this trip for a while). Also it is one of my last family vacations for quite some time.

 

Because...


I am going to SWEDEN. (for school)


YAYYYYY!! 


It's been in the works for a long, long time. I've known since I was little that I could go to Sweden for a Bible College called Capenwray, it's in Holsbybrunn, Sweden. It's a maximum of 1 year for the program. I am currently going from September 2021 to March 2022, for the winter session. But if I want to do the full year the program goes until June, and then I would probably stay until the family reunion in Nässjö which would be the summertime. 


So I have been planning and prepping for that expedition. I haven't got any tickets booked yet, and I need my Canadian passport back (I got it renewed). But I have a backpack as my main carry-on, and I have a notebook for planning, journalling and lists (sooo many lists). I am also fully vaccinated!! WOOT.

Because I am vaccinated and I have a Swedish passport I should be able to enter Sweden with minimal issues. But I'll keep you updated on that. 

It was definitely touch and go with me going to Holsby, but I am feeling much more confident with this.


Here's why...

  1.  I realized that I am an adult now, so if I don't go to Sweden this year, I won't want to go later on because I'd really not like to postpone university for more than a year. Also if I don't go then I likely won't leave Ottawa. It would be nice to have confidence enough to go to new places and live on my own.
  2. It feels like the right step for my faith.
  3. I miss family in Sweden and my mom, aunt, uncle, and two of my cousins have gone before me. 
  4. It looks good on a resume, application. It makes me seem far more adventurous than I actually am. (hehe)
  5. I think it will help me develop more as an adult.

So I think life is getting pretty exciting... hopefully, it won't be too much. 


Fourth, I have a "big girl job" now. I work as a customer service representative in the Cheese department at Farmboy. Sounds fancy, but it's not. I also can't eat anything there (being no dairy and all), ironic isn't it. It's a good job that I am very grateful for. But the transition has been much harder than desired.


Oh right! One last thing, my favourite colour has changed. Now it's pretty much a tie between green, yellow, and blue. 


Not much else is new, but if I think of anything I'm sure you'll find out at some point.


May your houses be filled with snacks,

Mia




Comments

  1. Hello Mia! Happy to hear you're enjoying your time at Holsby, meeting new people, learning and exploring, building confidence being on your own! Whitehorse now has snow on the ground and still in the single minus digits...so no complaints at the moment. You're in the right place for all kinds of snacks!! LÖRDAGSGODIS!!!!! YAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

    Love your Yukon family

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts