Adventures in Sweden

I've arrived.







I have been at school since the 16th of September, so 4 weeks as of the 14th of October.




And honestly its amazing. I feel very at home here and everyone is lovely.  




Here is this year's group!


Let me give you a tour!



This is BrunnsgÄrden, where there is a reading room, dinning hall and the "Fika Chica's" Dorms (group given name for the girls here at Holsby).


This is the Brethren's dorms (another group given name for the guys at Holsby), Ekhaga.


This is Solhult, some of the staff / families at Holsby live here. But it is also the sick house, I was held hostage here for 6 days (longer than anyone else so far) when I was in possession of a cold that was going around.


This is the chapel where we have Sunday church service, lectures and the Loft/Bikupan upstairs where we like to hang out!


This is the new Gym! It is about 2 years old, and it has a bouldering room which I really like, there is a work out room, multipurpose room to hang out and play pingpong. As well as the large gym where we have basketball games, volleyball tournaments and dance parties. 

We also have a football field (I'll let you figure out which "football" I'm talking about), giant swing, pamper pole and ropes course in and around our forest! There are plenty of other buildings on campus used by staff and their families.

Honestly though it has been a much easier transition that anticipated and I am thrilled. I most definitely miss home, family, friends, and of course my dog. But if I was given the opportunity to stop school and come home, I wouldn't. Which if you know me, that is a very big deal. 

School is definitely busier than expected but no worries, prepping for university a little is ok. I think being in a pandemic has ruined some of my school skills. 


Sweden is magical to say the least. The forests look like they are out of a fairytale book (this forest photo was taken while it was raining lightly).




ICA, the grocery store in Vetlanda (the big town closest to Holsbybrunn) is very dangerous. I think not too long ago I had been to ICA 3 days in a row. It's a 13 min drive to town and 35-45 min bike ride. 




Here in Sweden they have cows (as do many places) but about a 10 minute walk from the school is a cow pasture and they are soooo cute.




so soft...





so shiny...










golden hour with cows just hits different...











And the Swedish bumble bees are so cute, and there are different kinds here in Sweden!


This one has a white butt.







This particular Swedish bumble bee is more dark caramel coloured fuzz. 







I also think that when I come home I will for sure miss fika on a regular basis. It is one of the best things to ever be invented! Coffee, tea with baked goods and snacks? Sign. Me. Up. 












All in all I really do love it here and can't wait to share more with you folks!


May your houses always be filled with snacks,

Mia



Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing some photos of your temporary home and what life is like. Miss you a ton but are so happy and proud that you are embracing the adventure of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun reading your blogs thus far! Photos are great and shows us what you're up to and where you've been. Love the picture of the forrest...you're so right, so fairytale-like! Fika is definitely great...looking at the picture of baked goods is making us all salivate!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts